Video conferencing services are one of the most one of the most important and widely used service. We don’t need to spend a penny to speak to our friend who is residing in foreign countries
There are severed companies that offers Web meeting services (video conferencing) some of them are Skype, Google Hangout, GoTo meeting, Zoho meeting, Adobe Connect.
Today we are going to see more popular and free services Google Hangout & Skype.
Skype is one of the most popular & widely used video conferencing service out there. It is mainly used for one-to-one meeting and it is available for almost every smart phones & computers. It is really simple and easy to use
- one-to-one meeting is free
- You can call paid service anywhere on the world.
- It is simple and efficient to use.
- we need to install application before using it.
- Group video chat is available for only premium users
- It is not suitable for one-to-many or many to many meeting
Whatever comes from Google it draws our attention in no time. Google Hangout was launched recently but due to its unique features like “On Air” more and more people started using it.
Basically it overcomes most of the cons of Skype & others in video conferencing domain. Some of them advantages are listed below.
- It is much efficient for any type of video conferencing like one-to-many
- It provides Group video chat for free (not more than 9 users)
- We can watch video conferencing LIVE on YouTube with “On Air” feature
- Unlike Skype you cannot make offline calls globally
- Incoming calls are not notified unless we logged in to our Google account.
Here’s a quick outline of the above comparison